Texas Reader Stacy's Reviews > Kill You Twice

Kill You Twice by Chelsea Cain

May 06, 2012

bookshelves: thiller-suspense
Read in August, 2012

Another page turning hit. Chelsea Cain has one of the darkest imaginations I have ever read, and I love every word of it. Archie and Gretchen go way back, back to when she kidnapped him and tortured him nearly to death. Now they have this bizarre connection that neither one can break or are willing to break. Gretchen is locked away in a mental hospital, but someone is killing people that leads Archie closer to solving some old murders that are blamed on Gretchen.

This book has all the plot twists and turns that keep you trying to figure out who the killer is, how is the murderer tied to Gretchen, and where the hell did Gretchen come from. Archie gets closer than he has ever gotten to discovering all her secrets. And wow, are there some jaw dropping surprises! Cain's character development has reached an amazing level. Archie, Henry, and Susan are all back for another round of murder, thrills, scares, and near-death moments. Add in Claire, Leo and Bliss and you have the perfect balance. The plot with Archie, Susan, and Gretchen has reached a comfortable level where you can almost guess what they are thinking, or what they are going to do. And as we peel back the layers of Gretchen's life, we only get more questions. Leaving us with another cliff hangar ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kill You Twice.