Jen's Reviews > Destiny

Destiny by Gillian Shields

May 28, 12

bookshelves: arc-s, alt-pov
Read on May 27, 2012

In this fourth book of the Immortal series, Helen's story takes center stage but is told from various POV's. Without having read the previous books in the series, I wasn't sure I would be able to follow along with the storyline but the author gives enough background that it was easy enough to catch up on what was going on.

This book has an overall theme of good vs. evil, self-sacrifice and shows that each one of us was created for a purpose greater than ourselves. Having said that, I personally found the book to be a bit overly dramatic and Helen's character wasn't my favorite. She's whiny and moody to the point of rudeness and yeah, I understand she's grieving for her mother and doubts she'll ever find the kind of love her friends have but she didn't need to be so annoying about it.

I'm not sure how fans of this series will react to the ending; I guess it will depend on whether or not they're fans of Helen to begin with but I had mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I liked how certain "things" were connected in ways that brought some of the characters lives full circle but at the same time, the element of "love at first sight" seemed silly to me.

Again, this is the kind of book that while it may not be for me, someone else will most likely stay up till all hours trying to finish it.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destiny.

05/27/2012 page 70