Vy's Reviews > Code Name Verity

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

Dec 12, 12

bookshelves: favorites, e-arc
Read from June 23 to 28, 2012

A million stars. THIS BOOK guys. THIS BOOK.
MIND BLOWING EXPERIENCE.

*****FULL REVIEW*****
Where do I even begin with this?

I finished this book in JUNE and it’s been over 7 months and I still can’t get myself to form words great enough to praise this MIND-BLOWING experience of a book. I was left emotionally wrecked after finishing Code Name Verity.

It was written in such a way that I felt every single emotion and hurt right along with them. I WAS A COMPLETE MESS. No matter how hard I tried to close the book and sleep I couldn’t because the writing made me so invested in the story and the unbreakable bond of Verity and Maddie. Their friendship was like no other and I became emotionally attached to them both.

Even after all this time I still can’t fully form the words to describe this book. I’m not exactly sure how I handled the end of the story, but I knew it involved ugly sobbing and a lot of ice cream. I wasn’t able to read another book for DAYS! Code Name Verity is most definitely one of my favorite books of 2012, if not one of my favorite books I’ve read so far.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Code Name Verity.

06/24/2012 page 103
show 1 hidden update…

Gina (My Precious Blog) I've heard this one has a very emotional ending, but "ugly sobbing and lots of ice cream"? I just don't know if I can endure that! But the book sounds, sooooooo good!

message 2: by Addie R. (new) - added it

Addie R. This honestly does not seem like my kind of book, but after all of these rave reviews I just have to read it. :3

message 3: by Vy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vy Gina wrote: "I've heard this one has a very emotional ending, but "ugly sobbing and lots of ice cream"? I just don't know if I can endure that! But the book sounds, sooooooo good!"

READ IT. It's the BEST kind of sobbing :)

message 4: by Vy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vy Addie R. wrote: "This honestly does not seem like my kind of book, but after all of these rave reviews I just have to read it. :3"

I would have never thought of picking this up either, but other bloggers were raving about it so I just took a chance and LOVED IT. You should definitely try this :) Best book to read that's out of your comfort zone.