Laura's Reviews > The Heart and the Bottle

The Heart and the Bottle by Oliver Jeffers

May 05, 12

bookshelves: picture-books

Oh, Oliver Jeffers, how I adore you!

The Heart and the Bottle is a gorgeous, gorgeous piece of art and magic!

Pure, open, honest pictures filled this book with beauty, the power of healing and the wonder life can bring. Pictures and words that I will treasure always.

After a loss and heartache, we tend to lock our hearts away. Keep our hearts and emotions bottled up, hidden, and safe. If we don’t use our hearts, open up, trust, and feel--we can’t get hurt—right? Can that same protection turn around and hurt us over time?

What we lose when we lock ourselves away is captured in these pages. With power, love and beauty, this story will inspire readers to open their hearts again. Feel again. To search for the wonder in life.

Let life back in.

2 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heart and the Bottle.

Sonia Laura, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I haven't read this, but I have just finished reading Up and Down and The Way Back Home. They leave me with a smile on my face ;-)

Laura Hi Sonia! Yay! Isn’t Jeffers amazing!? So happy you’re enjoying his books! Way Back Home is actually here in one of my recent stacks of books from the library. Haha…Must go dig it out. I went a bit overboard this week in the picture book section. Hehe…They make me smile too! :)

Sonia He is really amazing. must find it. I have a pile of library books as well. haha... What other picture books did you get? ;-)

Laura Hmm…completely drawing a blank. Hehe….oh, Pumpkinhead and The Seeing Stick were in there. Let me know if you find any gems though! Love new picture books! Will let you know of more when I get home. There has to be a few fun ones in my piles! :D

Sonia I'm excited to find new and great picture books! They are short yet the message can always be well delivered. And there are beautiful pictures! :-) The Seeing Stick is available in the library here. I'll go and read it any day now. :-)