Kenny K's Reviews > The Fairy Bible: The Definitive Guide to the World of Fairies

The Fairy Bible by Teresa Moorey

U 50x66
Aug 22, 12

bookshelves: fairies-galore, resources, mythology-deities, parasuperfantasy-books
Recommended to Kenny by: A faerie
Recommended for: People who like Faeries and think they'e "cute" and "friendly"
Read from June 13 to 14, 2012 — I own a copy

The book has useful information and tales about the different Fairies and such but classifies some deities as Fairies though I suppose I can understand the reasoning she considered deities as fairies since there's an idea that fairies and demons and fallen angels have posed as "gods" so they can be worshiped yada yada, but it's not that popular an idea. Also considering Lilith not evil was too feminist to me, Lilith is evil not because she's an independent woman but because she kills babies. Lastly Fairies are cruel assholes (or that's what legend says) so why would anyone want to invite them into their home? There's a few meditation bits on how to connect with them. I'd advise anyone who wants to commune with a fairy to be careful what you ask of it and what you say, especially with all the old myths about them harming humans for fun. Not fun.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fairy Bible.