Hwa Sun's Reviews > Intangible

F_50x66
May 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012, 2012-dac, paranormal, ya, review
Read in May, 2012

This book starts off with a bang. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. Good: You don't have to wait for the story to build up. Bad: You're thrown in without knowing any background information.

That's why, if you're going to read this book, I would suggest that you read the prequel first, so you start off the book knowing more about what you're going into.

My favorite element of the story is the plot. Especially at the end, because just when I thought everything was over, things went completely wrong.

The dialogue, I'm kind of torn about. On one hand, I liked it because of how smoothly it flowed most of the time (and because of how funny it was), but it was also confusing for me because she often didn't specify who was saying what in a conversation.

I found the P.O.V. strange, and sometimes confusing. It was written in third person, but in just one chapter, she would switch between characters multiple times. I would have been okay with that if she had made the changes more obvious (like Maggie Stiefvater did in Linger), but there were no indications, so I was clueless.

Also, there were a lot of sentences that were written in a weird way, and I found a lot of grammatical mistakes.

Another (minor) thing that bothered me was how unrealistic Sera's relationship with Marc was. It just didn't make sense that someone who had been pushing people away her whole life could fall in love with somebody so quickly.

The ending was mysterious. I won't tell you much about it, but I'm pretty curious on what's going to happen next.

So, overall, I really enjoyed the story itself, but the writing bothered too much and ruined the book for me. If it had been better, I would have totally given this book five stars.

--HWA SUN

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intangible.