Sally's Reviews > As The Crow Flies

As The Crow Flies by Craig Johnson

Jul 31, 12

bookshelves: audiobooks
Read from July 24 to 26, 2012

I like this Sheriff Walt Longmire series because of the characters and the Wyoming setting. I tend to like series where the core characters return and move on through time and life events. I really like the reader of the audiobook versions, George Guidall.

Although I haven't read all in this series, I liked this one a bit more than some of the others. I think that is because this one has Longmire's good friend, Henry, back in a larger role along with more depth to the Cherokee society in modern times, because the character Victoria Moretti has very little presence in it ( I found her to be too abrasive to develop any sympathy towards the character), and there was more depth given to previously unrevealed feelings Longmire has/had for his deceased wife and somewhat estranged daughter. The mystery was pretty good, but I don't think there were enough hints given for the eventually revealed who-did-it to justify this as a well-crafted puzzle. Even if I don't figure it out before the end, I like to feel that there were enough clues given that the perpetrator could have been guessed at.

I would recommend this to adult readers who like mysteries that are not quite cozies and that are more character driven than suspenseful and violent. I still feel that this series is very similar to the Posadas NM Bill Gastner series by Steven Havill.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As The Crow Flies.