Isabella's Reviews > The Enchantress

Feb 04, 14

bookshelves: fantasy, series, historical, own-a-copy, 5-stars, middle-grade
Read from May 28 to 29, 2012

My Rating: 5/5 stars

I managed to finish this 500-page book in a matter of two days, only because we took a road trip to Santa Barbara (which is like, two hours away from where I live) and I had nothing else to do in the car. I've reached a new reading record; I should really go on road trips more often.

Since I'm being honest, THE ENCHANTRESS truly blew me away. I was not expecting anything I just read at all. Don't get me wrong, it was definitely a great way to end the series. I loved it.

I loved the setting; I think that setting the final novel in Danu Talis was fitting. It was also perfectly paced; it was fast, but not rushed, and nothing felt choppy. (If you've read my other reviews you should know that I had a problem with the pacing in the past novels.) THE ENCHANTRESS was packed with epic action scenes, comedic/witty dialogue, and definitely a lot of drama as our fellow Twins of Legend try to figure out who they really are, as well as their destinies. The relationships between the characters definitely improved; you see a lot more interaction between all of them, and you realize that the villains in the beginning of the series weren't really the villains at all. I can definitely say that I did not expect the actual villains to end up being the villains.

I also really liked how Scott gave his readers closure; he talked about Nicholas and Perenelle's relationship, Machiavelli's deceased wife, Niten and Aofie, Saint-Germain and Joan, and Virginia and John. (NOTE: Scott did not directly say that Virginia and John were in a relationship; I kind of just assumed by their scenes together.) The mystery is finally over, and the ending was just... Wow. It really blew me away. I could go on and on.

Once again, it was still hard to follow the multiple POVs of the story, but I'm done reviewing this series so whatever.

I've finally found out the secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel and I'm extremely proud of myself! I read a whole series in a month. (Excluding the two e-books.) I should do this more often!

What's next on my reading list? THE DEATH OF JOAN ARC by Michael Scott.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Enchantress.

Quotes Isabella Liked

Michael Scott
“There are some adventures not worth having.”
Michael Scott, The Enchantress

Michael Scott
“Her hands flew to her mouth. 'Are we even twins?'
Josh rested his hand on her shoulder and brought his forehead to rest against hers, strands of their blond hair mingling. 'I will always be your brother, Sophie. I will always look after you.”
Michael Scott, The Enchantress

05/28/2012 page 151
05/28/2012 page 305
60.0% "The book is absolutely amazing so far, but I'm so confused as to what side I should take - the Flamels or Isis/Osiris? If they are on different sides, anyway..."