Lori's Reviews > HELP! A Bear is Eating Me!

HELP!  A Bear is Eating Me! by Mykle Hansen

Nov 05, 14

bookshelves: most-interesting-title, signed-by-author, fiction, arc-reviewers-copy, bizarro
Read in October, 2009

Oh.My.God!
This is definitely a book with a BITE!

Picture Holden Caufield, all grown up, on tons of drugs. Sarcastic, manipulative, abbrasive, hateful, used to being in control, instilling fear in everyone around him. Now imagine him pinned beneath his own car with a bear chewing on his feet....

This book was an absolute riot!

Mykle Hansen has this knack of slowly introducing the main character, Marv, as an undeserving victim in a cruel cruel world. A self-professed "favorite of God", a never-do-wrong kinda guy, suffering a horrible tragedy. Little by little, as Marv shares his thoughts on his work associates, his wife, his less-than-picture-perfect life, we begin to get a clearer picture of how he came to be in his current situation.
All the while, getting us, the "not real" reader, to feel sorry for him and rooting for someone to come and rescue him.

At a perfect 129 pages, this book reads amazingly quickly because you just HAVE to find out what becomes of Marv Pushkin!!!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read HELP! A Bear is Eating Me!.