Hannah's Reviews > BZRK

BZRK by Michael  Grant

May 05, 12

I have never EVER read anything like this before. BZRK by Michael Grant differs from so many YA dystopian books today. At first, I had no idea what this book was about. I thought it would be about aliens and monsters from another planet (from his other books like the Gone series). I was a little bit right in that area. But BZRK is so much more than just monsters and aliens, its something you just can't explain in words. Well thats how I feel at the moment. I thought it was brilliantly written. The two sides fighting for freedom and the control of the world, BZRK and AFGC. The names of the BZRK corportation. The absolutely complex characters who I pretty much love. The "down in the meat" battles as much as the macro battles on Earth. Everything I loved in this book. Not a single fault. I have to say I'm pretty much in love with all the characters on the BZRK side. Vincent, a man who struggles with his inner feelings for a girl who betrayed him (don't really like Anya) and the control of the NY BZRK cell. Nijinsky, a gay Chinese-American who is the comic relief in mostly every situation. (Gotta love a gay in a book). Wilkes, a crazy tattooed teen who I can somewhat relate to her crazyiness. Keats and Plath, I gotta say, without their "romantic" insane relationship, I'm not sure where this book would be in my opinion. Can't have a YA without some romance in there, no matter how seriously crazy that couple is. Overall, I enjoyed BZRK fully. Especially at the end with all the insanity of Ophelia losing her legs and biots to Vincent losing one of his biots also. I am pretty surprised Bug Man did that. Guess he still wanted a play mate to mess with. Anyways, I cannot wait for the next book in this trilogy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read BZRK.