Smita Beohar's Reviews > A Curious Indian Cadaver

A Curious Indian Cadaver by Shamini Flint

May 17, 12

Read from May 05 to 08, 2012

Inspector Singh is on a sick leave and not loving it a bit. So when Mrs Singh proposes that they should better utilise the holiday and attend the marriage of her cousins daughter he cannot refuse. All he was expecting from the wedding was some nosey relatives and loads of tasty food (yes Mr Singh loves food) but what he had never expected was that he would be solving a murder mystery.

Upon reaching Mumbai shock is what they had when they were informed that the bride was missing. When Mrs Singh doesn’t leave the opportunity to inform her relatives that her husband is a famous inspector in Singapore, the grandfather (a famous business tycoon) of the bride wishes that Inspector Singh should investigate the case. They do not want the local police to be involved because with the wedding just 2-3 days away the case had the potential of becoming a major controversy.

A body is found & identified by the brother but people close to Ashu (the bride) find it difficult to digest that a girl like her could commit suicide thus forcing Mr Singh to investigate the cause behind it.

Was the bride murdered? Or was it honour killing? Too many suspects, too little motive, a strangely behaving brother & safely stashed boyfriend. Mr Inspector has his hands full, will he manage to solve them mystery?

Read the book to know more :-) and do read it.

My Verdict

This is my second book in the series and I had found the previous one pretty average. But this one is much better and makes for a good read. A taut thriller, well written & entertaining is how I will define the book. What works in its favour is that the inspector is not your smart, tall dark & handsome fellow but a potbellied middle aged man who works on his instincts which makes the whole thing believable.

*spoiler alert*

The only thing I didn’t like was the amateurish handling of the whole terror attack angle. Though the motive behind it was strong enough but the whole handling was a little kiddish.

*alert ends*

All in all a good page turner with enough twists & turns to want you finish this book in one sitting. Go read it

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Curious Indian Cadaver.

05/05/2012 page 72