Rain ~miss kinky knickers~'s Reviews > Liberating Lacey

Liberating Lacey by Anne Calhoun

7194135
May 06, 12

bookshelves: adult, contemporary-romance, older-woman, boyfriends-of-mine
Read from May 05 to 06, 2012

What a perfect story!

I love older woman/younger man theme.
Not Mrs. Robinson kind, though. Just so we're clear.

Despite the fact that this book definitely belongs to erotica genre, it's not as limited (emotionally or romantically) as most of the books in that genre are. It has a certain depth, characters are amazing, and there's actually a story going on, that's as important and carefully done as all the steaming hot sex scenes. That's rare.

Simply put - I was hooked. It was sort of "You had me at Like what you see?" moment for me.
Scene after scene, and page after page, it was only getting better and better.
I loved both Lacey and Hunter. They are amazing together. Their thoughts, the way they develop a relationship, their dancing around each other, the new ground they both find themselves on, the beautiful thing, all the sharing of the firsts...

And, oh my, all those hot, steaming hot, scenes. I love them all. Their dance, parking lot scene, dessert now scene, the step-by-step BJ instructions (I know, I know... fellatio is PC expression), "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" scene, the back seat scene, the rain scene, the restaurant bathroom scene, the bad cop scene...
Have I missed something?

What I really loved were the last two chapters. So emotional, so good, so... everything.

What I needed (and the only thing I didn't get here) is... yes, an epilogue! Any kind. Just so I can see a little something more of them together.

But... that's not something that'll stop me from rereading this one. Today. :)
12 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liberating Lacey.

05/05/2012
30.0% "Okay, so I was too busy reading to add it right away. Like anyone can blame me for that! This is HOT!" 3 comments
05/06/2012
100.0% "Is it wrong to read it again? Like... now? :)"

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter YAY! Another convert! Great review, Rain! I'm happy that you loved this story, too! Ah, I really hope that Anne will write a sweet epilogue.

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Thanks, Baba! It's a beautiful story!
Oh, I hope she will! An epilogue would be highly appreciated!

~ Becs ~ Great review Rain.

"You had me at Like what you see?"

Definitely!!

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Great review Rain.....I really liked this one too. I loved all the things you mentioned but for me the lack of the epilogue and the lack of actual romance stopped it from getting the 5 start rating but I definitely would read it again ☺

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Thanks, Dee!
Yes, the epilogue would add a lot to this story - even to the romance part of it, I believe - so the lack of it is what we're all complaining about. Still, I had to go with this rating, since I'll definitely read it again (and again). :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Ahhhh the "Like whyt you see" moment <3 I was hooked there too! Such a fantastic book! Love your review rain :)

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Blacky wrote: "Ahhhh the "Like whyt you see" moment <3 I was hooked there too! Such a fantastic book! Love your review rain :)"

Thanks, B! :)
I'm so happy you loved it too! Such an awesome, hot book! I was panting most of the time while reading! :)

Kelly Love the review Rain! :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Oh yes so was I ahahaha it's very very hot :)

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Kelly wrote: "Love the review Rain! :)"

Thanks, Kells! :)

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Blacky wrote: "Oh yes so was I ahahaha it's very very hot :)"

Extremely hot! :)
I kept thinking - if this is what younger man is suppose to be like, what the hell went so wrong with my ex?!?! *sigh*

Blacky *Romance Addict* Mwahahah :D Oh those in books are always the perfect ones, you just can't compare them unless you want to be disappointed :D

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Blacky wrote: "Mwahahah :D Oh those in books are always the perfect ones, you just can't compare them unless you want to be disappointed :D"

Hell, girl, I was disappointed even before I read this! :D
It's great being single - at least I can have different (fictional) boyfriend every day! :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lol! Exactly :D

message 16: by Feminista (new)

Feminista This book seems good! Lots of good reviews, regardless of the cover... Which didn't appeal to me...

Anywho, great review Rain!

Rain ~miss kinky knickers~ Nabk11 wrote: "This book seems good! Lots of good reviews, regardless of the cover... Which didn't appeal to me...

Anywho, great review Rain!"

Thanks! :) It's an awesome book, actually. The only thing missing really is the epilogue... You should give it a try! :)