Lauren's Reviews > If I Did It: Confessions of the Killer

Sep 09, 08

bookshelves: murder
Recommended for: no one
Read in January, 2008

This book was so revolting that I stopped reading it after about the first 40 pages. OJ continued to assert that he was better than Nicole, and that after they had gotten divorced, she begged to get him back even though he was dating Paula what's-her-name, and that she wouldn't stop phoning him and trying to win him back. It was disgusting.

The prologue, written by the Goldman family, was equally foul. They wrote of their desire for vengeance, and while I understand that, seeing that OJ obviously murdered Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, give it a rest. They just talked about how much money they stood to get from the proceeds of the book and the trials they kept going through and winning against OJ, and after 10 years, the $19 million that they had won had now turned into $38 million and they were angry that he hadn't paid them. I would be angry, too, but I'm not writing a book about it and telling everyone that I stand to get $38 million.

There was also a prologue written by the ghostwriter, who had met with OJ to get all of the details of the 'if I did it', which was supposed to be a thinly veiled 'confession'. I don't even understand how this man could have stood to be in OJ's presence and not wanted to vomit. OJ continued to assert his innocence and that IF he had done it, he wouldn't have been able to do it alone. After the book had been written, the ghostwriter claimed, he sent copies to OJ and OJ wanted him to remove the ENTIRE chapter on the murders, saying that he hated it and that it wasn't correct at all.

I was simply disgusted by the few pages that I read, and I don't recommend it to anyone with even the remotest shred of decency.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Did It.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Vanillahugz You obviously have NO CLUE what the Goldmans were saying nor do you comprehend the reasoning of sueing Simpson.