Joanna Cabot's Reviews > Deadlocked

May 05, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, paranormal
Read in May, 2012

This book was just okay. It was very plot-heavy, and it would be impossible to follow if you have not been following the series to date---I feel the early books were a little more stand-alone than this one, but I understand that this was intended to be the penultimate entry and the author is trying to set things up for the finale.

And tie them up, she does. We move from one plot point to the next in a fairly brisk, action-heavy order without much time for character development or the quieter moments that made the early books so fun. Nothing was wrong with the plot, per se. I just missed a little the feeling that I was reading about characters and people and a world I could get lost in. And I felt like some of the supe politics are taking more of a centre stage than they should be. This is why I stopped reading Kelley Armstrong's books. I want good characters and a good story. I don't really care about pack elections and vampire sheriffs and stuff like this.

Maybe three typos in the whole book. Not bad for a Kindle edition! Overall? A necessary read if you're following the series, but beyond that, not worth much.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadlocked.