Bonnie's Reviews > Deeper

F_50x66
Dec 04, 13

bookshelves: modern-romance, best-of-the-best, erotica
Read in February, 2012

I love a good romance, and this is a really good one. I think everyone has that relationship that ended despite lingering deep feelings. This book is the second chance we all want. Sure there is liberal use of magic to allow for that chance, and that requires the suspension of disbeleief. But that suspension feels wonderful here. With few exceptions (Shayla Black is really the only exception I can think of) I am not a vampires and werewolves kind of romance reader, partially because I can't believe in the premise and partially because I don't find the idea of sex with wild dogs particularly appealing. But this, this sexy as hell ghost I had no problem with. I loved Nick. The shift back and forth between "then" and "now" was a great way to develop the characters, and also explained why Nick could not rest. I had a "Nick" of my own when I was 20, and I still think about my beautiful tortured bad boy over 20 years later. Thank you Ms. Hart for writing the end of that story, and for writing it so very beautifully. I hate when I fall I love with characters and the author is too lazy or unskilled to serve those characters well. Megan Hart is neither lazy nor unskilled and she clearly loved Bess and Nick as much as I did. I bet she cried at the end too.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deeper.