Ridley's Reviews > Dancing In The Moonlight

Dancing In The Moonlight by RaeAnne Thayne

Aug 16, 2012

bookshelves: disabled-h-h, paper, ebook, dnf, read-2012, category-romance, hqn-special-edition
Read in August, 2012

I read about 50 pages in before declaring it a non-starter. The amputee heroine fighting bitterness and grief less than six months removed from her injury I was cool with. The doctor hero bossing her around like he knew what was best for her, and the narrative treating this as if he had the right of it, set off my Get Fucked meter.

Just can't be bothered to read yet another angsty-cripple-shown-the-light-by-able-bodied-caregiver romance. Boring.
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing In The Moonlight.

message 1: by Wendy Darling (new)

Wendy Darling The monthly romance series are always so hit or miss; sometimes you find a good one, though. I like reading them in the tub every once in awhile.

Have you read this hilarious review of Diana Palmer's Iron Cowboy (Long, Tall Texans)? http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/bl...

I've read it literally a half a dozen times and I laugh my ass off every time!

Holy cow. Max done lost her mind. Sara laughs at something and Max, believing herself to be laughed at, hauls off and slaps Sara right across her laughing mouf. I’m pretty sure that behavior is unacceptable anywhere, and at any time. Other than in soap operas. And yet Max is astonished when she is kicked off the property.

message 2: by Ridley (new) - added it

Ridley Diana Palmer books are a genre unto themselves. They're basically alternate universe fanfiction of real life.

As for this series, I've found Special Editions just don't work for me. This is the third or fourth I've tried, and all were meh or worse. I have much better luck with Presents and Superromance. Blaze and Historical are very hit-or-miss.

As a rule, though, I think Harlequin is the best place to find good, straight contemporary romance with no suspense or paranormal elements. I read them quite often.

ValerieC I liked this one, but I agree it's not that great at first. I have since purchased more of the series that I haven't read yet, so I will probably re-read this one... I read so much I can't really remember a book from a year or two ago (embarrassed smiley).