A.E. Shaw's Reviews > The Fire Starter Sessions: A Soulful + Practical Guide to Creating Success on Your Own Terms

The Fire Starter Sessions by Danielle LaPorte

May 05, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read on May 05, 2012

So, I read a lot of 'things like this', of the motivational, you can do anything, sort of thing, and the nice thing with this is that Laporte has also read these, thus her content is both summarising and expanding upon and adding to many things with which I was already familiar.

It's firm, but kind, inspirational and peppered with just enough practical suggestions and questions to ask yourself. I particularly like that it draws on the ideas of being self-employed and self-sufficient as much as just getting 'the perfect job'. It's also a little more "realistic" than some such books.

Recommended to anyone with a taste for enabling literature, or those who aren't sure where to start in the field of such things. Laporte comes across as a very pleasant, efficient, valid person to be writing such things. She has a lovely turn of phrase and a fine, gently nudging you on, sort of tone. I hope she'll write/has written more. The only reason I don't give this five stars is that at times the paragraphs can seem unstructured, or a little repetitive. But that's no real failing in something that for many will be almost entirely new.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fire Starter Sessions.