Katya's Reviews > Liberating Lacey

Liberating Lacey by Anne Calhoun

May 06, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, spicey
Read on May 05, 2012

** spoiler alert ** 4.0 Stars!

What a great story this was. From the look of the cover and the description I had the feeling it was more about the physical and less about the emotional....you know....a book you read in between two really memorable novels? But boy I was wrong.

This is the story about two people from different worlds who meet and decide to have a one night stand. They plan a little sexual fun and then poof-it'll be all over and they go their separate ways. Well, that was the plan.

But what was supposed to be a few hours between the sheets turned into an all nigher with a morning breakfast because they didn't want it to end. And then they made a date for the weekend, then it turned into just seeing each other. Next thing you know they are spending all their free time with one another, calling, texting and using any excuse to see each other. Then they are calling the other their boyfriend/girlfriend.

As these two start to spend more time together they realize that they really like each other and start to have some real strong feelings for other. But they don't trust their appeal to each other and become overwhelmed with the self doubt.

They both have fear of trusting someone-he abandoned by a mother and she unloved by an ex-husband have left them leery to believe that someone would find them wonderful, worth it and wanted long term. And as they each evaluate the relationship the doubts build up. In her mind: He is hot, 8 years younger, likes to play the field, I am older and not like the hot young chicks he is used to dating....it is just sex and he will get tired with me soon. And he has his own worries: She is so sophisticated, lovely, in a financial & social class I can never step into. I don't belong in her world and she will wake up and realize it soon enough and not want me....she's only enjoying the sex.

They are so engrossed in their own self doubts that they miss what is growing right in front of them. Their relationship. Their love. Putting aside the great sexual chemistry and attraction, they really like each other and have respect for one another. The one night stand has grown into a romance. When it works it just feels so easy. But they have failed to recognize it.

Lacey and Hunter dwelt on what makes them different from one another and just sat back waiting for the other to end the relationship instead of trusting their feelings for the other.....sometimes it takes a while to recognize what makes you happy....the love you feel for someone who eagerly returns it.

So yes, it is about sex....but so much more.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liberating Lacey.

Stacy {Texas Reader} Great review! I'm going to have to give it a try now...

Katya Stacy {whatstacy} wrote: "Great review! I'm going to have to give it a try now..."

Oh Great! Can't wait to see what you think of it!

Stacy {Texas Reader} You were so right....loved it!