Jenny St george's Reviews > The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins

May 05, 12

Finished the trilogy in less then three days - I basically say how long it takes me to read it for comparison. For example - if it's a short or easy to read (young adult type) book, it should take between 2-3 days for me to finish reading, I have two children and a schedule! If it goes quickly it means that I've neglected my family and schedule and have sank into the book!

Manny read the first one, and insisted that I'd love it. So I picked it up after my youngest was at his school for the afternoon. The first book was STUNNING!!! The narrative was phenomenal, the characters were stunning, I felt as though I was a fly on the wall, able to see everything from all angles!! Then the plot twists, and twists again! So frustrating, so intriguing!

After finishing the first, I rushed to my book shelf and opened the second. I HAD to know what happened. I read halfway through the second that first day - right before the plot twisted AGAIN! I'm glad I stopped reading when I did, otherwise I wouldn't have slept.

Next day, picked up and finished the second. I couldn't believe what I just read. So many conflicting emotions, going mad with anticipation as to what was in store for me next!

Rushed for book three on same day as finishing the second day.
There was a little something missing from the third book. There are new characters introduced, however, you don't get to KNOW them as you did in the first and second. Again, I was lucky to put it down for the night because I was about to come to THE plot twist.
The thing that got me was that I didn't feel like a fly on the walk anymore. I suppose it was intentional because of the story line - you'll have to find the answer for yourself!

It's gone into my dad hands, and into my mom's... I'm sure that even though it's a "young adult" book, it'll just keep being handed off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset.