Dayl Thomas's Reviews > The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents

The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett

May 04, 12

Read in May, 2012

Fantastic book! Written for young readers and I think it would be perfect for either middle school or high school students (though not for elementary school kids unless read with an adult). Touches upon thems as morality, theology, peace and war, realtionships with those who are different with you, reality vs. fiction, etc.

Loved the characters Maurice, Dangerous Beans, Peaches, Darktan, Sardines, Hamnpork and Keith. Wasn't as crazy for Malicia, but she played her part well in the story. Spider was a great foe and a bit scarier than I expected. Dialouge was a lot of fun and lots of puns and popular cultural references if you are paying attention.

This is the 3rd Discworld novel I have read (the other two being "The Colour of Magic" and "The Light Fantastic"), and it certainly is good as "The Colour of Magic" and way more enjoyable than "The Light Fantastic". Need to find out if The Amazing Maurice ever ran into Rincewind and Twoflower; THAT would be funny!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents.