Felicia's Reviews > A Match Made in High School

A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker

May 04, 2012

Read in August, 2011

I really enjoyed this book. It made me wonder why I stopped reading Young Adult Fiction books. I used to love them and I guess something told me that it was silly for me to read them.

I took forever to read this book when it probably could have been read in 2 to 3 days with how invested in the story I was.

The book is the classic high school story. It had the perfect cheerleader who was the mean girl, one great best friend, a guy to crush on and LOADS of drama.

I particularly liked the interaction between the characters in the story. I found them to be funny. I don’t remember ever really laughing at a book, but while reading this one I had instances where I laughed out loud.

The only thing that I didn’t like about this book was that it felt cliche at times like when she learns a life lesson from a 10 year old. When the hell does that ever happen?!?!? I was also annoyed by the main character because she had some really bad qualities which was interesting because as the reader you were able to understand the feelings the other characters had toward the main character, something I’ve never actually felt when reading.

Kristin Walker, I think, did a great job of making the story very relateable for the readers. I identified with the main character and actually started to view my own life from the outside in as she had. I really enjoyed the book and would LOVE if it was made into a movie. The movie would be great!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Match Made in High School.