Jesse Dedel's Reviews > Wild Goose Chase: Reclaim the Adventure of Pursuing God

Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson

Sep 08, 08

bookshelves: currently-reading

This book, which I am still reading, is the latest in a long and fine line of Spirit-inspired writings that come along once in every Generation, calling each generation out from the doldrums of spiritual lethargy and apathy and into the wild and wonderfully dangerous world of faith-fueled adventure with the One and Only, Wild and Dangerous Living God!

As I said, I am still reading it. However, going by the parts of it that I have read, I must say that it has proven to be no less than powerful and truly, truly soul-stirring.

A.W. Tozer once wrote that the test of a good book is that, as you read it, it makes you want to put it down and go find out for yourself the validity of the truth or concept it is expounding. This is one such book.

In my opinion, this book is in excellent company with other "Tookish" writings as "The Pursuit of God" (Tozer), "God Chasers" (Tommy Tenney) and "Wild At Heart" (John Eldredge).

Having read the first three chapters have repeatedly made me want to get out of my comfortable chair and just "strap on my sword" and go off on another "wild goose chase" with God!

Or on my face in prayer.

Either way, it's really a good read.... :)

After all...it's been awhile.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Goose Chase.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michael Wow!

Kailan kayo susulat ng libro?

Why not?

message 2: by Jesse (new) - added it

Jesse Dedel chad,

you are too kind. :)

as for writing a book, if i had a peso for everytime someone suggested that to me.... i'd have a lot of pesoses. :P

thanks for the encouragement.