Andrea's Reviews > So Close to You

So Close to You by Rachel Carter

May 04, 2012

Read in May, 2012

3.5 out of 5 rating

This is another one of those books that is completely out of the realm that I normally read. I had no clue this was a book about time travel (I thought it was paranormal for some reason...obviously I didn't read the summary that closely). If I had, then I never would have read it. But I'm so glad that I did!

Lydia was okay for me. I do think that its weird that she was so okay with the whole travel thing right off the bat--I would think that she would have been pretty freaked out. And I didn't like her relationship with Wes. She fell in love with him so quickly and there was nothing really redeeming about him. That being said, I LOVED Mary. Such a bubbly, warm girl! It sounds weird, but if she were a real person, I would totally be friends with her in real life.

The whole premise of the story was pretty interesting. The whole time machine was intriguing as was the way the recruiting worked (although horrifying!) There were some pretty good twists and turns. And the one at the very end, the last sentence, makes me want to be able to pick up the second book in the trilogy now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Close to You.