Heather's Reviews > Button Holed

Button Holed by Kylie Logan

May 04, 2012

liked it
Read in May, 2012

Title: Button Holed (A Button Box Mystery #1)

Author: Kylie Logan

Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime

ISBN: 9780425243763

Synopsis (brom BN.com):

Working out of her button shop in a Chicago brownstone, Josie Giancola has become one of the country’s leading experts on buttons. Her reputation draws a Hollywood starlet to the Button Box to shop for one-of-a-kind buttons to adorn her made-to-order wedding gown.

But after the Button Box is ransacked and the actress murdered, Josie’s cozy world is thrown into chaos-and a killer is out to keep Josie’s lips buttoned up…permanently.

My thoughts:

I thought this was a good start to a new series by Kylie Logan. Josie Giancola, a leading expert in all things buttons simply wants to run her button shop “The Button Box” in Chicago. Unfortunately, her dreams of running her cozy, quiet shop are temporarily waylaid by the murder of a famous actress right in her shop. A nice, little mystery and a relatively quick read.

I will say I got bogged down in the middle of this book, not sure whether it was because I was trying to balance some other books at the same time, or because I simply couldn’t get into it. It did pick up near the end for me. I am hoping that the characters are a bit further developed as the series continues as I would like to know more about Josie. How in the world did she become a button expert? What happened to her and Kaz? The book does open up a new world of buttons however. I for one had no clue that buttons and button collecting were a big deal to some and I didn’t know there were so many different kinds of antique buttons.

Worth a read! And of course I will read the next one in the series which is: . . .

And remember,

Books are Life,

Heather

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Button Holed.