Nicole K's Reviews > Timeless

Timeless by Gail Carriger

May 04, 2012

Read in May, 2012

The beginning of the book was fairly enjoyable, where we meet Alexia almost unchanged after giving birth to a child - still her nosy, tea-sipping practical self. Carriger, however, does something different in the text by making Biffy a protagonist. I am quite glad to see that his character has developed between the last two books, with him coping with his werewolf changes a lot better, while keeping in line with his dandy-ish ways.

Also, Carriger's background in archaelogy works to her advantage in this book, especially since most of the book is set in Egypt. I am, however, quite disappointed with the knowledge we learn about "soulessness" and "soul-stealing" because it is quite a fascinating idea that Carriger could have expounded more, subject matter-wise.

After I finished reading the book, I was quite tempted to give it 3 or even 2 stars. However, after meditating on the theme, "Timeless", I realised that Carriger perhaps carried it off rather well. With the Queen Matakara and Conall Maccon's (im)mortality, Biff and Lyall's relationship - it all makes sense. Carriger gave a satisfying (enough) conclusion to the series.

I am looking forward to Prudence's series and can't wait to see how she will turn out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless.