Watermelon Daisy's Reviews > One Long Thread

One Long Thread by Belinda Jeffrey

Aug 31, 12

Read from June 30 to July 01, 2012

One Long Thread is a story starting off excellent, but was poorly substituted throughout the rest.

I remember reading through the first two-thirds of the book, knowing this was a definite 4-stars. The main character had a passion for designing clothes (a very unusual hobby in literature these days), the aspect of parents divorcing was pulled off in a realistic way (enough to make me care), and the twin sister Ruby never knew (but is the other half of her).

Beautifully written, I knew this would be a winner. I couldn’t see how the story could possibly go downhill.

Unfortunately, I was far too optimistic.

If there’s one thing I’ve learnt from being a writer myself, is that you can’t force events to happen simply to teach people things. The last one-third of the book Forced is the nicest word to describe that horrible last bit, where everything’s predictable, happy and it’s as if nothing went wrong in the character’s life.

Come to think of it, I’d probably still give this book a higher rating if the last one-third was ripped out. But unfortunately, I had to watch a beautiful concept waste away.

I do advise to read this book. Just don’t finish it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Long Thread.