Bailey Jane's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

May 04, 2012

it was ok
Read from May 06 to August 26, 2012

This is the first book in my entire life that disinterested me so much that I had to put it down in search of more stimulating material. Not that it wasn't stimulating, but the sex scenes became boring after a while and the storyline was juvenile to say the least. I just could not get into it the way I had heard everyone else did. I can see why it flew off the shelves as it is easy to read. But sometimes easy is not better, especially if it's uninteresting. I can see how this book might be helpful to someone who might be experiencing a "dry spell" in their marriage and needs a little fire added to their nightly reading to get the juices flowing again. But I'm not in that position, so it was just a blah book for me. Plus, I enjoy novels where the imagery takes me away to a fantastical world or a time forgotten, not so much other people's bedrooms. But, to each their own!

05/06/2012 page 32
6.0% "Oh I can tell I'm going to like this...."
05/19/2012 page 98
19.0% "Ok, if I do not stop right now I will not be going to bed tonight. This series is going to be GOOD."
05/24/2012 page 125
24.0% "Oh my good god. I am digging this book."

Jennifer Schaefer u are the second person I know reading this....think I'm going to have to buy it :)

Bailey Jane That's the same way I started reading it! It just seems to be a-buzz these days!

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna Kraenzle Looking forward to reading your review of this book.

Bailey Jane I'm all excited to hear what this is all about! I admittedly have never read anything that might be categorized as "erotica" so with every page I'm waiting for some private parts to be discussed or something. So far, nada. But definitely steamy...

Jennifer Schaefer I'm well in to it as well and I have a hard time putting it down Lol.