Kim To's Reviews > Under a Vampire Moon

Under a Vampire Moon by Lynsay Sands

May 07, 12

bookshelves: romance-paranormal
Read from May 05 to 06, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Another great book for the Argeneau Series!

I'm glad that Lynsay Sands created a scenario for a women who's been burned and who feel she's too old for a boy toy and shows all the insecurities most women older than 30 feel sometimes feel inadequate in regards to being loved.

I loved how Christian's family is helping him with obtaining his lifemate and how much his internal struggle to avoid causing Carolyn to run was the main theme of this novel.

The character Jack was a great! I kinda felt bad for the guy to lose the girl and kinda wish he could have hooked up with someone else. He was really a good guy who was willing to recognize that he wasn't the one for Carolyn and pushing her towards Christine and telling her to basically "seize the day" and there will never be another person for Carolyn that makes her feel the way Christian makes her feel.

The only thing I thought was strange was the second theme in the background concerning her "so-called" best friend Beth. The only indication that there was something wrong was when Marguerite mentioned that Carolyn had money and would not buy cheap shoes after the 2nd pair of show straps broke. But in the last chapter when it was revealed that Beth and Carolyn's soon-to-be ex-husband tried to kill her by driving her to commit suicide, it was a definite twist.

The only thing that would make the book better if somehow Carolyn was able to gloat her relationship with Christian to her ex-husband, or to not give Robert a penny in the divorce after learning how he tried to get her killed, or being able to see Beth's reaction when Genie told her the truth about her marriage to Robert and how he completely lied to her.

I know that's being petty ... but I am a firm believer in karma and "what goes around comes around."

That's my two cents.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under a Vampire Moon.