Donna's Reviews > Nate Rocks the Boat

Nate Rocks the Boat by Karen Pokras Toz

May 04, 12

Karen has done it again! It's very difficult to find a book that boys will love. Nate fills the bill. My 11 year old son laughed all through Nate. This is the second installment in the Nate series. It's fantastic to read about a great kid who knows how to use his imagination. Nate's adventures from the first book were mostly imaginary. In this book, Nate gets to have actual, real life adventures. Don't be concerned, he uses his imagination plenty!
Nate is at Overnight Camp with his friend and (gasp!!) his older, pain in the neck, sister. Karen pays attention to every detail of the story. When you read, you are at camp with Nate.
There is a great ending which allows Nate to compete with his sister. I have to say, I never attended camp as a kid, I think I missed out on something.
There is a great lesson about friendship in this book. The lesson is given in a fun to read manner. Kids, especially boys, will love this book. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for Nate's next adventure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nate Rocks the Boat.