Steven's Reviews > The Tyranny of Clichés: How Liberals Cheat in the War of Ideas

The Tyranny of Clichés by Jonah Goldberg

8220493
Oct 12, 12

bookshelves: why-do-i-have-this, nonfiction, first-reads
Read in October, 2012

Bound galley received via First Reads.

I don't quite know what I was expecting here, given that Goldberg is a sloppy thinker and shouter of polemics rather in the mold of a less-activated Breitbart (and possessed of a fraction of the late Breitbart's sheer entertainment value as a mountaintop-bellowing right-wing shit-stirrer), but what I got was basically a conservative blowhard pontificating sloppily on the perceived evils of ye olde hippie liberals and compassionate thinkers who give a toss about the parlous state of the world.

I fear that Goldberg and his ilk shall never agree with me and my ilk, though we can be quite successful at annoying each other and being mutually smug about that, at least, before we peel off and get to work on what we consider important, as opposed to what's impotent..such as this book.

In parting, I say only this: Jonah, get thee from the belly of the whale (it's really an elephant!), for it's naught but a damned big echo chamber.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tyranny of Clichés.