Cory Hernandez's Reviews > American Born Chinese

American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang

May 04, 2012

bookshelves: ya-lit-eng-356

Gene Yang, first of all, is an amazing writer and has such a great imagination. As for the book, I really enjoyed reading it because of the humor and stories involved. The beginning of the book was a little weird because I wasn't sure what was going on because of the three different stories that were being told. However, as I got closer to the end, I thought it was really cool how all three stories came together and made the ending of the book work. The illustrations in the book were hilarious! They made the book really come alive. There were times when I laughed out loud because I thought they were so funny. I made my wife read it and she was laughing the entire time as well. However, there are a few parts that might offend some people, but they are minimal. Overall, the book has a good message while also being entertaining at the same time. I would recommend for a quick, fun read.

Scale 1-5

Violence: 2 (cartoon violence, but it make's the book funny because of the illustrations)
Sex: 0
Language: 2 (minimal cuss words)
Drugs: 0
Alcohol: 0
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read American Born Chinese.