Jaime Arkin's Reviews > Easy

Easy by Tammara Webber

Sep 28, 2014

bookshelves: recommend-forever, swoony-boys, romance, ebook-format, favorites, new-adult, true-5-starers, on-my-real-shelves
Read on July 26, 2012

I need more stars to give this book!

Starting this yesterday I wasn't sure what the 'New Adult' genre was, but once I finished, I realized I wanted more of it.

I'll be honest, this sat in my 'to be read' pile because the summary scared me a bit. I was expecting this angst filled story, and I certainly have to be in the mood for that, but what I really got was drama and romance and friendship and love and I enjoyed every single second of it. I also hadn't read any spoilery reviews of it... which I definitely recommend just because there are a lot of different reveals throughout the book. That said, I'll try to keep this spoiler free!

From the very first page I was so engrossed in this story... I couldn't put it down.

Photobucket

I think I may have set a record for myself with the status updates with this book, and I honestly would have had more, because I want to share the whole damn thing with you!

We first meet Jacqueline leaving a Halloween party - she's the designated driver and has recently gone through a breakup with her boyfriend of 3 years because he feels he needs to sow his wild oats while he has the opportunity. She has followed him to the college she's attending, so now, other than her friend Erin, she feels alone. All their combined friends have basically picked Kennedy over her. On her way to the car, the unthinkable happens... and someone helps her before things get too far. My heart was in my throat through the whole first chapter, and I'm not going to get into specifics because you'll just have to read it for yourself.

It turns out over the two weeks since the breakup Jacqueline couldn't get herself to go to the econ class she shared with Kennedy, and she ends up on the failing end. Realizing that no boy is worth failing a class, she throws herself at the mercy of Dr. Heller. Her professor gives her another opportunity in the form of a project and the email address of a tutor named Landon. While the emails they shared started out quite professional, they quickly started sharing information and connecting on a bit more of a personal level... and I really loved the connection she was creating with him. At the same time, Jacqueline notices that Lucas, the boy who helped her that night is also in her class.

Good Lord Lucas - I couldn't get enough of him. From the very beginning the chemistry between the two heats up every single page. You want a bad boy? He screams the definition of one - blue-grey eyes, lean muscled body, lip piercing, slightly emo hair, a motorcycle and this...

And he seems to be everywhere suddenly ... when she previously hadn't noticed him at all. Oh... and he asks to sketch her... *swoon* but back to their chemistry -

"So I don't want to you to feel pressured. Or overpowered. But I do, absolutely, want to kiss you right now. Badly." He trailed his finger over my jaw and down my throat, and then into his lap. I stared at him. Finally comprehending that he was waiting for a response, I said, "Okay." ----As he leaned over me, I felt a heightened awareness of every part of my body that touched a part of his--the edge of his hip pressed to mine, his chest sliding against mine, his fingers tracing from wrists to forearms and then framing my face. He held me in place, lips near my ear. When he kissed the sensitive spot, my breath shuddered. "You're so beautiful," he whispered, moving his mouth to mine.

aladdin swoon gif Pictures, Images and Photos

I also really liked her best friend Erin. She was the kind of friend every single girl should have in their lives. It was refreshing for a change to see a friendship between girls that was a true friendship... loyal, caring and supportive. Exactly what I wanted to read.

Now Jacqueline. I really really liked her. She was smart, funny, and just a strong female character. Sure, she faltered at times, but that makes her human and allowed me to connect with her.

Tammara Webber has created incredible characters and while some of the subject matters are dark and drama filled, I never felt that that was the focus of the story. Instead, for me, it was about Jacqueline's journey in making and owning the choices we make in life and the twists and turns that journey tosses at us. Her words had me smiling like a love struck fool half the time ... here are a few of my favorite lines...

"And your lips. I need to spend more time staring at them and less time tasting them."

and

This book has a bit of everything, sadness and angst, humor and laughter, great relationships, and the romance (which you all know I love).

I think I can safely recommend this book to anyone and everyone - and I'm positive you'll like it! I need more books like this in my life.

Now please excuse me while I go stalk all of Tammara Webber's stuff and reread this again... immediately.

Photobucket

This review can also be found on my blog

14 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

Quotes Jaime Liked

Tammara Webber
“Love is not the absence of logic
but logic examined and recalculated
heated and curved to fit
inside the contours of the heart”

Tammara Webber
“His hands reached for me, gripping my hipbones and pulling me forward. he stared down at me, his voice low. "There are some things I will make time for, Jacqueline.”

Tammara Webber
“As for being somewhere you're not supposed to be--Maybe you're here for a reason, or there is no reason.”

Tammara Webber
“The night we met—I'm not like that guy." His jaw was rigid.
"I know tha—" He placed a finger over my lips, his expression softening.
"So I don't want you to feel pressured. Or overpowered. But I do, absolutely, want to kiss you right now. Badly.”

07/26/2012
5.0% "Um... Dear Kennedy you are a douchebag... Love me."
07/26/2012
11.0% "Awesome. I'd gone from an independent girlfriend to party paraphernalia. #lol"
07/26/2012
14.0% "I am loving the emails between these two!!"
07/26/2012
16.0% "he leaned close to my ear and asked "dance with me?" Um ... Yes lol"
07/26/2012 ""holy fuckburgers. Who was that hot guy?" Lmao"
07/26/2012
19.0% "My eyes fell to his forearms, flexing as he sliced the bag open. Tattooed designs wrapped around his wrists, contiguous symbols and script running up both arms and disappearing into the sleeves of the grey knit shirt..."
07/26/2012
37.0% "I totally love Erin"
07/26/2012
41.0% "Seriously??? A motorcycle?? I want to climb this boy like a tree" 1 comment
07/26/2012
42.0% "Welp... Francis has convinced me that this man is perfect lololol #manwithacat"
07/26/2012
53.0% "And your lips. I need to spend more time staring at them and less time tasting them. I can't say I agree with that notion. More of both, then. *SWOON*"
07/26/2012
56.0% "I slid my arms into the sleeves, and then he turned me buttoning the buttons and leaning down to kiss me when he was done, his hands framing my face. *sigh*"
07/26/2012
71.0% "Not for the first time the feel of his gaze drifting over my face was like a soft breeze or the lightest possible touch. He stopped on my mouth. * I can't stop swooning*"
07/26/2012
95.0% "Aaaaand I'm done... He just called her baby #kryptonite"
07/26/2012
100.0% "All the feels you guys!"

Christina I heard this was great. I'll have to move it up on my list a little.

Nikki Great book!

Irene YAY! I'm so happy you enjoyed it, I loved Easy :)

Caro LOL, love your review.

I loved this book and the only reason I gave it a 4 (and a half, in reality) was because I wanted a bit more develop into the Lucas story, not gruesome details, but more of how he deals with things a bit more. I felt like the ending was a bit rushed.

I absolutely ADORED Lucas and omg, I would kill for his POV, lol. I totally recomend this book as well. *Nods*

Parker137 I absolutely loved this book! I read based on your review, so... thank you!