Cynthia's Reviews > Switched

Switched by Amanda Hocking

Mar 19, 2014

bookshelves: favorites

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Switched.

Quotes Cynthia Liked

Amanda Hocking
“Who was that?” I whispered, as if the walls could hear me. They were lined with pictures, a few of which I recognized as being painted by master painters.
“Rhys.”
“Yeah, I know but… is he my brother?” I asked. I had already decided that he was foxy, so I really hoped that he wasn‟t.”

Amanda Hocking
“Wendy: Why are you staring at me?
Finn: Because you're standing in front of me.”

Amanda Hocking
“Did you think you could treat me like shit at a dance, then sneak into my room in the middle of the night and tell me that I'm a troll with magical powers, and I'd just be like, yeah, that sounds right.”

Amanda Hocking
“The desperation was coming off you in waves. You were all but begging to dance with me. I am doing you a favor.”

Amanda Hocking
“He hadn’t been peeping intentionally; he’d been trying to sneak into my room. So that was slightly less creepy, I supposed.”

Amanda Hocking
“How did you even know I wasn't in my room?"
"I checked on you." Finn gave me a look like I was an idiot. "I check on you every morning."
"You check on me when I'm sleeping?" I gaped at him. "Every morning?"
He nodded.
"I didn't know that."
"Why would you know that? You're sleeping," Finn pointed out.”

Amanda Hocking
“I look at you because I can't look away.”

Amanda Hocking
“I had called him out on being creepy, justifiably so, and it didn’t faze him at all. He didn’t stammer an apology or flush with shame and regret. He just kept looking at me evenly. Most likely, he was a damn sociopath, and for whatever reason, I found that endearing.”

Amanda Hocking
“He kissed me desperately, like a drowning man and I was his oxygen.”

Amanda Hocking
“How had it turned into this? I had lived my whole stupid life without him, and now I could barely make it through the hour.”