Edina Rose's Reviews > Get What You Need

Get What You Need by Janey Chapel

4520379
May 08, 12

bookshelves: cop-fbi, very-hot, short, sequel-needed

"Ex-Con meets Cop" romance.

Jay is an Ex-Con, emphasis on "EX": he is now one of the good guys. He
comfortable with who he is and owns to his troubled past as something that taught him a few fundamental life lessons. His quiet strength and his firm body draw Patrick to him.

Patrick is a Super cop, emphasis on "SUPER". He is an Ex-Marine and he uses what he learned as a Marine to excel at his job as a cop. Yeah, he is definitely a Top Cop! But he is also a regular man underneath the efficient, unemotional facade. Problem is, he has never met someone who inspires him enough trust to let go of the facade. Until Jay.

The sex is ATOMIC! They are strangers but they instinctively KNOW each other. That leads to the best sex ever, as they anticipate each other's needs and wants.

In the space of little bit more than 24 hours, they fuck... endless times. They share their life's stories. They build up a strong connection. They know they have both found THE ONE.

And then the book ends!!! But we know they are in there for the long run, we know their time of solitude has ended. No, the book doesn't TELL us that, but it SHOWS us. Yes, this author is skilled.

I wish there was a sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Get What You Need.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Td (new) - rated it 4 stars

Td Maybe if we scream loud enough: Sequel...SEQUEL...SEQUEL!!!

Edina Rose Td wrote: "Maybe if we scream loud enough: Sequel...SEQUEL...SEQUEL!!! "

Does it ever work? I've been waiting forever for sequels that have been PLANNED!