Evelyn Amaro's Reviews > Wuthering Frights

Wuthering Frights by H.P. Mallory

May 04, 12

Read my review on Paromantasy

Here is my one long sentence gush session..er, review: Wuthering Frights is an unputdownable, thrilling, action-packed, emotional roller coaster of a read that will have you laughing, crying and your mind rattling as Dulcie tries to find a way to fight her tyrant of a father, keep up with the lies of her now shady second life, and leave the life she once new behind to protect the ones she loves the most. The cliffhanger ending will leave your heart on the floor and begging for more of this amazing series.

Dulcie O'Neil series, How I love thee? Let me count the ways...
#1 - Non-stop action - Dulcie is now at the mercy of her tyrant father who runs the Netherworld with an iron fist. She is forced to go against everything she believes in by joining the life of crime, but saving Knights life is worth it. In joining her daddy's minions, she is on a constant track of lies, danger and action as she tries to keep up with her life as an Investigator and the crimes that are going down under her ex-lover's nose. The constant whirlwind that is Dulcie's life will be sure to leave your heart-pounding and your fingers racing through the pages.
#2 - Emotional Roller coaster This is the most emotional of the entire series and that is saying something. In Dulcie's effort to protect Knight and the ones she loves, she is forced to leave them behind. The interactions with Knight are filled with heartbreak and anger as you see our power couple put to the test. Will they survive?? Let's just say, then ending will surprise you. Along with Knight, her relationship with Sam is also suffering, along with that of her other friends and you can't help but want to hug the lot of them.
#3 Mystery and Revelations - Dulcie is not the only one who wants to see daddy dearest removed from his "throne". Someone knows what is happening and they are spilling the beans to Knight. The problem is: does this person know about Dulcie and what does that mean for her and the lives of her friends who she is trying to protect? When nothing is at it appears, who can you trust? The answer may shock you! Along with these mysteries are revelations that can rock Dulcie's world. As I said, not everything nor everyone is who they appear to be. Many know a lot more than they let on. Let's just say as the secrets pile up and the truths are revealed, the way we look at some of the major characters will be dramatically altered!
#4 Love - You cannot have a Dulcie O'Neil series with some romance. In this book the love between Knight and Dulcie is bittersweet as Dulcie does her best to protect Knight by adding distance between them. But that is not the only hints of romance that we have. We see all whole new side of Bram and this new sweet spot of his makes him that much hotter. Sure, we still don't know his true intentions, but actions speaks louder than words and his actions has proven that Dulcie is not just a passing fancy. With tension between Dulcie and Knight rising, Bram may just prove to be a contender for Dulcie's heart.
# 5 Keeping it New and Exciting - One thing that HP does brilliantly, is the constant addition of new characters, the continued growth of our current characters and the way she weaves a new storyline from past events. It is like a huge unfinished puzzle that we are working through little by little while trying to decipher what the big picture is going to be. I love the progression of Dulcie and Knight. We see a whole other side of Knight and it is not to pretty - but he is only human...well, Loki but you catch my drift. Dulcie has really grown and is willing to risk it all to save the people she loves, now that is what I call a heroine. Bram's layers are pulled back with each book and I cannot wait to find out more. The supporting characters are still funny, spunky and lively as ever. Add the new characters of the evil daddy, a new fairy with the same spirit of Dulcie, but with a chosen careers in crime and the new partnership between Dulcie and her ex-boss/crush Quill and Wuthering Frights makes for a highly entertaining read.

If you haven't guessed by now - I love this book and this series. HP is one of the greatest in this UF/PNR genre and I cannot wait to read more of this series and the Jolie series. The cliffhanger ending left my mind reeling - HP, don't make us wait too long for book 5!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wuthering Frights.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah Don't make us wait too long for book 5 or don't write a book that has a stressful ending...

Evelyn Amaro Sarah wrote: "Don't make us wait too long for book 5 or don't write a book that has a stressful ending..."

haha...I have a love/hate relationship with those cliffhanger endings. I cannot wait for book 5!

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam Martin Love your review of the book! Thank you for taking the time to write it! I'm glad you really enjoy this series!