Lesley's Reviews > Heavy Issues

Heavy Issues by Elle Aycart

Jun 11, 12

Read in June, 2012

"I Christine Sheridan, vow that I'm done. No more searching for husband material. Or for love. No more meaningful long-term relationships. Just give me orgasms! Big, mind-blowing ones!" she added, flashing a look at her girlfriends, who were dissolving into giggles. Christy fought to keep her face straight and continued, "I'm getting on with my sex life and I...will...get...my...stud!"

I swooned and cried whilst reading Heavy Issues by Elle Aycart. If you liked the first Bowen brothers instalment More Than Meets the Ink then Heavy Issues will seriously do it for you too with it's perfect blend of humour, tug at the heart strings moments and steamy hot scenes.

When we first meet Christy she's drunk on tequila vowing that she's no longer looking for a relationship with her Mr Right. Instead, she wants no strings attached hot sex and plenty of it, which suits the oldest Bowen brother Cole just fine as he prefers non-clingy independent women who won't get too attached to him. Now that Cole knows Christy is available he wants to apply for her "man-whore" position and convinces her to go on fake dates with him acting as a decoy for the women who relentlessly pursue him now that his brother James is off the market in exchange for the no strings attached sex she wants.

Cole is the alpha male hero that dreams are made of (well mine anyway!) with rugged good looks and a dominant streak a mile wide he's had his eye on Christy for a while. Christy has real baggage in the shape of an overeating habit, five years ago she comfort ate when feeling bad and gained a huge amount of weight. Despite now having lost the weight Christy is very aware of what she eats, is super critical about her body, and has "never enough" tattooed on her wrist in Latin to remind herself of her struggle. I think Christy just about broke my heart, she still feels inadequate and fat and her relationship with Cole takes her well out of her comfort zone. She looks at Cole and sees the gorgeous, sexy and toned Viking warrior and wonders why he is with her when she can barely manage to look at herself in the mirror. I loved how Cole saw and appreciated the true Christy with curves and all and told her repeatedly how he prefers real women not stick insects. But I absolutely got why Christy's self esteem was still at rock bottom level, why she felt ashamed of her body and why she repeatedly tried to scare Cole off by explaining warts and all about her overeating and her obsession with staying away from sugar and flour. Although I seriously felt for Christy I still at times wanted to scream at her and tell her that Cole really genuinely loved her the way she was and to quit pushing him away.

I couldn't put Heavy Issues down. I adored the humour, my ovaries near enough exploded over the domineering "I'm in charge" type hero Cole who underneath it all was a really good guy, and I cried buckets of tears in sympathy for the slightly vulnerable heroine Christy. Cole and Christy's lust turned love was seriously hot enough to burn the pages and I loved every minute of it. I think Elle Aycart has guaranteed herself a place on my auto buy authors list and I can't wait for the next instalment, at this point I really wish there were 27 Bowen brothers rather than just three!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heavy Issues.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melanie is it available on amazon yet lesley ?