Keri Payton's Reviews > Back in Fashion

Back in Fashion by Charlotte Bennardo

May 04, 2012

Read in May, 2012

Meg and Shar think they're done being sirens...until they accidentally revive their contract with Hades. Now the Greek god has a new set of rules for them to abide.

With Shar pulled down to Tartarus to ten to Hades' amusement and clean after his gigantic hound, Meg must lure another target to the underworld - Pauline, a girl far more in sync with Meg's tastes than Shar.

Can Meg bring herself to deliver Pauline to Hades? Can Shar find a way to escape his clutches?

I found this book to me more addictive than the first. Tartarus was more alluring to me than the fashion world of 'Sirenz.' I loved to see all the new gods, demi-gods and historical figured that cropped up.

Sharisse is now decidedly my favourite siren. While I love Meg, Shar just had an extra oomph to her in the sequel. Perhaps it was the juxtaposition of her in a place like Tartarus. She fit in too well in the fashion world of 'Sirenz.'

Hades is a lot less skeevy than in the first book. I wouldn't call him sympathetic but his wit can be marvelous. It was fun to see him exasperated. He's described as having auburn hair (something I didn't pick up on in 'Sirenz') although he is illustrated on the back cover as having black hair.

The cover of this book is divine. I thought at first it was going to be an offensive shade of dark pink but it proved to be soft and mixed in with purple. Not to mention, Shar and Meg look amazing.

I was drawn to Pauline's character the way Meg was. Having her be annoying and irritable would have been too easy. She provided great inner conflict for Meg.

I really enjoyed 'Sirenz Back in Fashion' and can't wait to read more about Meg and Shar, along with their ever growing pantheon of gods.

(From my blog: Quill Café)

In accordance with the FTC, I would like to disclose that I received this book from the author. The opinions expressed are mine and no monetary compensation was offered to me by the author or publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Back in Fashion.