Erica's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

F 50x66
Jul 23, 2007

bookshelves: sci-fi_fantasy
Recommended for: everyone

When I was reading the first four books, I thought each one was better than the last and I was very excited about the fifth book coming out... and then Harry was a twit.

Ok, so he was a teenager full of teenage angst. Still, after the way the forth ended, my expectations of even more dizzying heights were dashed upon reading the fifth book.
I have come to terms with it in that I understand that Harry had to go through the tough times of growing-up as we all do. (I remember many a time I was a prat during middle school and high school; angry when people treated me as a child and annoyed when they expected me to act like an adult.) I enjoyed the sixth book but still had that bad taste left over from the fifth book.

Still I enjoyed the movies and had even reread the 5th and 6th books in preparation for the gasp! last book.
I have been hoping the Deathly Hallows would be great and fearing it would not live up to my hopes.

It has.
It's everything I had hoped it would be.

I can't wait until I've forgotten enough that I can read it again.