Karen's Reviews > Depth of Deception

Depth of Deception by Alexander Galant

May 12, 12

Read from May 04 to 11, 2012

Not my usual genre because this book isn't a romance but it is a very good paranormal mystery/time-travel story. This is the first book I've read by Alexander Galant and I have to hand it to him....he created a book that held my interest right to the last page. I enjoyed reading the circuitous route the author took me on to reach a rather surprising conclusion. At first, I was thinking this story is going in way too many directions...how was he going to wrap it all up? So many similar names, characters from past and present...I almost felt like I needed a spread sheet to keep the details, characters and clues straight and all the time my mind was traveling ahead trying to put the clues together to figure it out for myself before I got to the ending. It was quickly and neatly wrapped up with some surprises at the end.

The author has nicely interspersed fact with fiction providing some details of the actual sinking of the Titanic, treating them as fiction in his story. He also explains at the beginning that parts of the story taking place in the US would include the American spelling of words while parts taking place in the U.K. would include the English spelling of words. Color vs. colour was one example he gave. I would recommend this book to people who enjoy time-travel as well as mystery and suspense stories. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Depth of Deception.