Emmy's Reviews > Into the Hollow

Into the Hollow by Karina Halle

Nov 11, 12

bookshelves: experiment-in-terror
Read from November 05 to 11, 2012

Freaking amazing. Full review to come soon. Holy crap I need to process all of that! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Hollow.

Quotes Emmy Liked

Karina Halle
“No matter what happened, he was Dex and I was Perry and that combination only led to trouble.”

Karina Halle
“He backed away from me, clutching the phone to his chest. “What?”

“Gimme the phone,” I commanded, holding out my hand.

His head dropped solemnly. “I am on a very important call.”

“Yes, about me,” I said, reaching for it. “Now give it.”

He shrank away and eyed the room anxiously. “Damn, I knew I should have kept a spare roll of duct tape somewhere.”

Karina Halle
“I shot him an unimpressed look. “Do you really think you’ll win me over by having sex with me?”

He scratched at the side of his chin. “Well, they say the way to a woman’s heart is through her vagina.”

Karina Halle
“I feel like I’m a disappointment to mankind,” he remarked woefully as he placed the shirt through my arms and began to pull it down over my breasts. “Someone this gorgeous should be on display in a museum.”

Karina Halle
“Another snowball, this time it impacted on my shoulder.

I dusted the snow off my coat with my free hand and gave him the biggest stinkeye I could muster.

“How old are you again? Twelve?”

He grinned, teeth white as the snow he gathered.

“Old enough to make you come, young enough to make you hate me for it.”

“Oh jeez,” I muttered, shaking my head, and turned around.

Bam.

Snowball to the back of my head.”

Karina Halle
“No time for foreplay?” I teased breathlessly.

His smile was sly. “Oh, we’ve had nothing but foreplay from the day we first met.”

Karina Halle
“I was trying to be a better man, Perry. For you.” I shifted in my seat. “Dex…” “And I’ll keep trying,” he quickly said, voice low and somber. “Until I get it right.”

Karina Halle
“This is me trying, Perry,” he said softly, the anger being drained of his face. “This is me taking my heart out of my chest and putting the bloody mess in your hands. I can’t give you much more than that.”

Karina Halle
“I love you Perry,” he whispered, mouth moving in my hair. “I love you so fucking much. And I’m losing myself. I’m losing myself to you and I don’t care anymore because there’s never been a better feeling in the whole fucking world. I love you. So much. Too much. Always.”

Karina Halle
“Mommy, he told me he’s going to take me away for some candy and I can pet his fat dog.”

Karina Halle
“Who is it?" I asked teasingly
"Bigfoot," Dex answered from his room.
"What do you want, Mr Foot?"
"Please, just call me Big."
I snorted. "You wish."
"You know.”

Karina Halle
“You can talk the talk but you can’t walk the walk.”
His eyes narrowed in challenge. “Oh, I can walk the walk. I can walk the walk so hard that you’ll be sore for days.”

Karina Halle
“Why are you so embarrassed?” he asked playfully. “So you passed out during an attempted blowjob. Who doesn’t?”

Karina Halle
“You are always a part of me Dex. You’re every part of me. Always have been. Always will be.”

11/05/2012 page 1
0.23% "Oh yeah... I'm excited. Bring it on Perry and Dex!"
11/08/2012 page 15
3.42% "Chapter 15: I'm snorting, smiling and shivering from the creep factor all at once. I love EIT!"
11/09/2012 page 17
3.88% "Chapter 17... I'm going to be honest here. This is freaking me out. I can usually handle it but damn. It's late at night and this is too good and scary."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Ikr!! I cant wait to find out whats going to happen next!

Emmy Lol! I still haven't even finished ODW. Hopefully tonight.

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Oh...Im glad I kept my mouth shut then!

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Hahahaha! That synopsis is great right! Im dying to read this!

Lise *friends don't flag* YOU..... lucky ducky!

Emmy Oh Lise! Soon!!! The wait will be worth it. From what I've read so far, this instalment is blowing me away!!!

Lise *friends don't flag* Maybe I will win an ARC... so freakin' excited! You go girl and read on...

Mindy Can't wait to hear the Perry/Dex love!

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Lucky you Chica! How'd ya get it?

message 10: by Emmy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emmy Mrs.Norman wrote: "Lucky you Chica! How'd ya get it?"

Karina isn't finished writing it yet. She asked me if I wanted to beta read The Devil's Metal, giving her feedback every few chapters and I was lucky enough to start Into The Hollow too. I like giving feedback chapter by chapter so it works out!

Christine James oh the wait is killing me lol ..... :-) but as an author I completely understand!!!!

Robin Oh man I cannot wait for this book!!!

Heidi R. Emmy, you're killing me here! Thursday can't get here FAST ENOUGH!

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: I'm going to stay up all night and fucking devour this! That's for damn sure.....

message 16: by Emmy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emmy Mrs.Norman wrote: "I'm going to stay up all night and fucking devour this! That's for damn sure....."

Janice • The Demon Librarian Emmy wrote: "Mrs.Norman wrote: "I'm going to stay up all night and fucking devour this! That's for damn sure....."

Do it! You wouldn't be able to step away if you tried. It's really fucking good."

This series just keeps getting better :)

message 18: by Emmy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emmy Janice (the_red1) wrote: "Emmy wrote: "Mrs.Norman wrote: "I'm going to stay up all night and fucking devour this! That's for damn sure....."

Do it! You wouldn't be able to step away if you tried. It's really fucking good...."

It does Janice! It really does... I still need to write my review.

Janice • The Demon Librarian Me too, Emmy. I'm aiming for the weekend.