Eman's Reviews > Snow

Snow by Orhan Pamuk

May 17, 2012

bookshelves: fiction, world
Read from May 04 to 17, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snow.

Quotes Eman Liked

Orhan Pamuk
“For the traveler we see leaning on his neighbor is an honest and well-meaning man and full of melancholy, like those Chekhov characters so laden with virtues that they never know success in life.”

Orhan Pamuk
“The thing that binds us together is that we have both lowered our expectations of life”

Orhan Pamuk
“It's such a shame that we know so little about our own country, that we can't find it in our hearts to love our own kind. Instead we admire those who show our country disrespect and betray its people.”

Orhan Pamuk
“The real question is how much suffering we've caused our womenfolk by turning headscarves into symbols - and using women as pawns in a political game.”

Orhan Pamuk
“As much as I live I shall not imitate them or hate myself for being different to them”

Orhan Pamuk
“We're not stupid! We're just poor! And we have a right to insist on this distinction”

Orhan Pamuk
“In a brutal country like ours, where human life is 'cheap', it's stupid to destroy yourself for the sake of your beliefs. Beliefs? High ideas? Only people in rich countries can enjoy such luxuries.”

05/04/2012 page 33