Naomi's Reviews > How to Cook Like a Man: A Memoir of Cookbook Obsession

How to Cook Like a Man by Daniel Duane

May 04, 12

Read on May 04, 2012

I was so excited that the publisher allowed me to review this book through Netgalley. As I got into the book, my excitement turned into disappointment. What could have been written as a really cool story (as the storyline was really interesting) almost came off as disorganized and wandering to where it was difficult to follow at times. There is also a underlying tone to the book which comes off periodically as being elitist. I was so disappointed with the premise of this book, it could have been such a winner, imo, but ended up coming off to the point of being a "flop"

I have to say that if I didn't make the commitment to Bloomsbury books or had I purchased the book, it would have been returned.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Cook Like a Man.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (new) - added it

Kathleen Valentine That sounds good!

Naomi It isn't...very dry. The author is coming off as really elitist/blowhardish, so far. I think I am about 100 pages in.

message 3: by Kathleen (last edited May 04, 2012 09:20AM) (new) - added it

Kathleen Valentine Oh.... too bad. **crosses it off list**

Naomi I know..how about it..he had a really interesting concept for the book too. I am reviewing it for Netgalley so I need to finish it.