Lynsey • The Demon Librarian's Reviews > When Beauty Tamed the Beast

5112089
Jun 11, 2012

bookshelves: fairy-tales-retold, hot-smexy-times, sweet-romance
Read from June 07 to 11, 2012

Aw! Another sweet fairy tale retelling with some humour and hot smexy times thrown in for good measure.

This time it's Beauty and the Beast. Beauty is as gorgeous as she sounds; practically perfect in every way. Except that she's been ruined by rumour and scandal, and her ridiculous father and aunt insist that the only noble who'd even consider wedding her now would be the dreaded "Beast", a man whose ruthless reputation and medical brilliance precede him. I was very interested to read the historical notes section to discover that this character has been loosely based on Dr. Gregory House from the T.V show House. Or at least the leg injury, the need for the cane and the grumpy demeanor were hints of him. My Beast certainly didn't look anything like Hugh Laurie (No offense Hugh).

Beauty and Beast, aka Linnet and Piers, had sizzling chemistry right from their first meeting and it never waned. I loved the development of their love story, Piers' grumpiness didn't make him any less appealing to me. In fact, I found it quite sweet because it was so obviously all bluster; a defense mechanism against his growing admiration for Linnet.

“She’s like my other half,” Piers said savagely, keeping his head down. “My other bloody half, like some sort of joke that Plato made up. Like nothing I ever wanted, and then, there she was.”

I'm really enjoying this series. Next up is 'The Duke is Mine' which is the retelling of The Princess and the Pea (can't wait to see how they fit that aspect in), and then another book has just been added to the series called 'The Ugly Duchess' *snort* How can you not want to read that?

4 Stars! ★★★★

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Beauty Tamed the Beast.

06/08/2012

Liz (Bugetta) You're reading so many good books this month. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did!

Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian Liz wrote: "You're reading so many good books this month. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did!"

These are so cute and silly, I really like them :)

Liz (Bugetta) Lynsey wrote: "These are so cute and silly, I really like them :)"

Me too. I'm excited to read the next book, The Duke is Mine; her take on the Princess and the Pea fairytale. Have you read the short stories too?

Laurie Bongiorno I just finished this today. I really like this series - I think you are the one who introduced it to me with your first book review. So, thanks:)

Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian Laurie wrote: "I just finished this today. I really like this series - I think you are the one who introduced it to me with your first book review. So, thanks:)"

lol no problem! I should get the last quarter finished up tomorrow too :)