Malvina's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Jun 07, 12

bookshelves: owned-books, reading-challenge
Read in May, 2012

I don't really know how I feel about this book(THIS IS THE FIFTH BOOK! GIVE ME MORE). I'm happy that the book is finally here but it's just after watching the trailer, I had high expectations for Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern / Sebastian to BURN DOWN THE WORLD and waited and waited....just do some bad ass stuff already. Now I have to wait for City of Heavenly Fire in 2014. Sebastian may be an evil, screwed up psychopath but by far the most interesting character of this series.

I did enjoy reading about the adventures of Magnus,Simon and gang (some of my favourite characters). I never care Jace and Clary since the beginning (although I love Jace), the story of their parents, grown-ups interest me far much more. Certain parts were such a drag,repetitive and unnecessary, I guess Cassie just wanted save all the good parts for CoHF. Also I'm curious to find out the identity of Brother Zachariah, he could be Will or Jem from TID by the looks of the description.

I was kind of disappointed because I expecting more but that doesn't mean the book was bad but could had been better. This book definitely needed the HEAVENLY FIRE.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.