Paranormal Reads's Reviews > First Bitten

First Bitten by Samantha Towle

7102096
May 06, 12

Read from May 03 to 05, 2012

First, I want to give a special thanks to Samantha Towle for sending the digital copy of “First Bitten” for review.

I have to say when I received the book, I loved the gripping cover the book has, Alexandra, (Who I am assuming is on front of the cover) has that look in her eyes when you just have that want…that need! And I must say I sensed her want and need through the book! It starts off where Alexandra is out for a night on the town getting over a heartbreak with her best friend Carrie, unfortunately their night doesn’t end as planned, and after 2 days Alexandra wakes up, in a strangers home only to discover that her life has changed forever, she is no longer human but a hybrid. She meets Nathan and his family, who took responsibility for caring for her while she passed out. With Nathan and his family’s help she learns to cope with everything that has happened, and learns that Nathan and his family aren’t exactly human either, but you automatically can sense the tension flowing between Nathan and Alexandra from the moment they meet.

Talk about the tension in this book, there was so much tension I thought I was about to go insane, I wanted to just take these two characters, lock them in a room until they got passed what it was that was keeping them from making a move! You could easily tell that they are attracted to each other but their actions, like constantly arguing with one another, tells a different story. However, I will say that towards the end you will be happy to know the tension is relieved.

I did feel that though the beginning got my attention right away, the following chapters were not grasping me as strongly but still were able to keep my attention quite nicely, it did pick right back up towards the end though.

Now to talk about the chapters towards the end of the book…it had my mouth hanging open. So much happens that you just want to know, “What happens next”, “Will everything work out okay” , “WHY!” and to top it off the ending has a cliffhanger that has you saying, “That’s it?!?!”

It definitely leaves you wanting to read the next book. Her next installment in the series - Original Sin is to be released later on this year. Overall I give this book 4/5 bats.

~Marie
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Bitten.

05/04/2012 "On page 140 of 201 of First Bitten by Samantha Towle"
05/04/2012 "On page 140 of 201"
05/04/2012 "On page 140 of 201"