Michelle's Reviews > Sparks Fly

Sparks Fly by Katie MacAlister

May 03, 2012

Read on May 03, 2012 — I own a copy

I’m a big fan of Katie MacAlister and have been for years. She has such a unique writing style and humor (oh! nipples!) that makes each and every one of her books a delight. She’s been writing paranormal romances (along with other romance genres) for a while so even though this is only book three in this series you really need to start at the beginning. And if I was being a stickler I’d really send you back to the Ainsling Grey: Guardian series to start. Trust me, they are all worth it.

Sparks Fly lives up to the rest of the series, in fact, I think it was my favorite so far. For me, I really got to see more of Baltic’s character and he seemed so much for affectionate towards Ysolde. I’m not sure why I felt it was lacking in the earlier books but this one really sold me on their interactions. Ysolde was just a funny and independent as the earlier books and again loved how she stood up for her family and wouldn’t take crap from anyone, including the First Dragon.

I’m not sure if Ms. MacAlister will be continuing with the Light Dragon series after this but thankfully her characters make appearances in her later books so I can’t wait to see the next part of the story for Ysolde and Baltic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sparks Fly.