Scrappy LeMonte's Reviews > I've Got Your Number

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

May 03, 2012

Read in May, 2012

Brilliant! Kinsella's development of her main character, Poppy, is brilliant. Poppy is a completely fleshed out human being, with strengths, weaknesses, virtues, vices. Kinsella takes us through Poppy's range of emotions, from high to low, from intense to waffling. Kinsella gives Poppy a wonderful sense of humor; in fact, she's very creative, inventive, and that quality is entertaining as well as endearing. I could identify with Poppy, relate to her feelings. Also, Kinsella's use of language was wonderful; the action was quick paced, and held my interest--it was very hard to put this book down. The romantic scenes were heart warming, and kept alive my belief in 'true love'. The ancillary characters were very well done, as well. Also, Kinsella fully employed every device she introduced into the story, such as the wedding website which seems unimportant, but turns out to be very important; a Beyonce ringtone on a cell phone which turns out to inspire Poppy to deliver a singing telegram; Sam's first conversation with Poppy is him begging her to stop the Japanese businessman, and at the end of the book, he's begging the wedding guests to stop the wedding, etc. Nothing wasted, and it makes the story very 'neat'. This is the first book I've read by Sophie Kinsella, and I will certainly read her other books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I've Got Your Number.