♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme's Reviews > Infamous

Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Did someone swap out the Ms. Kenyon I've been dutifully following? I did not like this book at all. This book was a hot mess for me. Or perhaps this is how it supposed to be since it's a young adult book. If this is what young adult books are supposed to be like, then it's a damn good thing I never had books like this when I was a young adult.

The characters

In this timeline, Cherise is a cunt. There is no other word for her. She also needs to see a shrink because she's obviously bi-polar and also passive aggressive. The Cherise in the other timeline is a loving mother who does her best for her son. In this one, she's a shrieking harpy. She's the one who stands out most in this book.

This book is a clown car. The cast of characters coming out of this storyline is like the circus clown cars where no one is exactly sure how all those clown fit in it and when another one will pop out. I can't even list everyone who showed up as a minor part.

The plot

Everyone wants something from Nick. That is basically what I see. This book is littered with caricatures of concepts which are beaten over our head over and over again. Never love a woman; she'll betray you. Suicide is the most selfish act in the world. Clockwork Orange syndrome Nick refused to defend himself to please his psychotic mother. These are just to name a few.

I honestly don't know what happened here. I love Ms. Kenyon's books. They are usually books that I enjoy because someone is doing there best at a second chance for redemption. While this book on the surface seems to be this way, with Nick fighting his in born nature, the entire book leaves me feeling dirty with the sheer amount of malice, teen angst, drama and petty violence. I'm a bit disgusted and quite disappointed.

The story jumped around and at one point I was wondering if I was tripping acid. From the nether realm to the hospital confrontation of his maternal grandparents and the Fringe...was I at a play where I left during key parts of certain acts so I missed the transition? At this point, I don't care. This book is the last in the series I'm going to read. It just doesn't do it for me. I can't fathom who I can recommend this book to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infamous.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie (new)

Annie It makes me smile that you use 'cunt' in a YA review :D

♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme Annie wrote: "It makes me smile that you use 'cunt' in a YA review :D"

lol - yeah, well, it's the British influencing me. They throw that word around like be-yotch. Always funny when I'm talking with my co-workers from UK and AU. It's more common I think in Global IT work.

message 3: by Annie (new)

Annie We use it as a term of endearment in our house. :) its right up there with fuck as my favorites.

Future Slayer Girl (aka: kitten) The worse part, is that this series and the dark hunters are supposed to meet at the end of the dark hunter series to create the last Dark Hunter book which is supposed to be Nick's book. :-( Now, I am worried what she is doing. I LOVE Dark Hunter Nick! There has to be a method, she always has a method. She's gonna have a method to the madness you just reviewed right? LOL

♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme Sir's kitten wrote: "The worse part, is that this series and the dark hunters are supposed to meet at the end of the dark hunter series to create the last Dark Hunter book which is supposed to be Nick's book. :-( Now, ..."

Oh boy, I didn't know that. I guess I'll be clueless when I read the last Dark Hunter book. EH, well, the DH series has past it's expiration date for me already.

Future Slayer Girl (aka: kitten) ♆ BookAddict wrote: "Sir's kitten wrote: "The worse part, is that this series and the dark hunters are supposed to meet at the end of the dark hunter series to create the last Dark Hunter book which is supposed to be N..."

♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme Sir's kitten wrote: "I don't mind the Dark Hunter books ONLY because I can get worn out on the super fluff HEA, I thought she pushed it for me with Striker's book I was like DUDE! He's a bad guy make it less fluff! But as a whole I like how the last book had more of a UF feel because at this point I could care less about the couple hook ups I'm in it for the story and the evolution. Most people think I am CRAZY because of that, but I think it needs to erupt more than be "Awwwwwww they hooked up, how sweet!" lol "

My thing is that they all are the same to me now. I can't tell one from the other. When that happens, the series is past expiration for us.

Future Slayer Girl (aka: kitten) ♆ BookAddict wrote: "Sir's kitten wrote: "I don't mind the Dark Hunter books ONLY because I can get worn out on the super fluff HEA, I thought she pushed it for me with Striker's book I was like DUDE! He's a bad guy ma..."

That's true, I liked how she shifted with Retribution a bit. She pulled us away and gave us a few new characters. I think my arousal towards Dark Hunter Nick that keeps me reading lol

message 10: by carol (new)

carol ♆ BookAddict wrote: "Annie wrote: "It makes me smile that you use 'cunt' in a YA review :D"

Blame me ;-)
Seriously I'd been advised to get this series...now uhuh.
Mind I'm wondering if an outsider were to look at my son and my relationship this week..screaming harpy are suitable adjectives.
There again submissive he ain't.