Jennifer's Reviews > Emily and Jackson Hiding Out

Emily and Jackson Hiding Out by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

May 20, 12

Read from May 03 to 19, 2012

I enjoyed this sequel to Emily's Fortune. I received an advance copy through Netgalley, and chose it because it sounded good. I enjoy a good Western, and I'm always on the look out for historical fiction to recommend to my students. I had not read Emily's Fortune, but it happened to be on Amazon for a bargain price at the time, so i bought that one. I read that one pretty quickly. I liked the character of Emily, and how she came out of her shell as the story went on (and speaking of shell, I loved that she carried her pet turtle with her!). I like Jackson, too, and the friendship they had formed. In Emily and Jackson Hiding Out, it was so nice to see that the were still so supportive of each other. Jackson had looked out for Emily in the first book, and it was Emily's turn to look out for Jackson this time around. I found the sequel to be just as fun as the first, and was happy to see some characters from the first book show up here, as well. I will definitely tell my students about this one come August, and make sure that we have a copy in our school library. I feel this is just the right kind of book to get more students interested in historical stories!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emily and Jackson Hiding Out.