Melissa's Reviews > Angle of Repose

Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner

May 03, 12

bookshelves: book-club

Very heavy, slow moving reading but typical Wallace Stegnar writing. Absolutely amazing. I think I more clearly understand why he won the Pulitzer & is heralded as a master literary genius. People write dissertations about this guys writings.

His writing is not something that will satisfy the "need entertainment now" reader. But his work is truly amazing for those who can sit back and appreciate true literature... And I am not one of those readers. Lol. Recommended for someone who enjoys a deep, intellectual book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angle of Repose.

message 1: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi So you're saying that Lori N. would LOVE this book right? :) Maybe I'll give it a try.

Melissa Lol. No there isn't a love story, so she would hate it. ;). But I think you might appreciate it. And Allison would probably love it. And Meagan and I have similar reading tastes so she'd probably not like it either. :)

message 3: by Meagan (new) - added it

Meagan What, you don't think I can handle a deep, intellectual book?? I will have you know that only 5 out of the 6 books I am currently reading are YA

Melissa lol! I'm sure you could handle it, but just won't LIKE it! ;) you are reading 6 books at a time?! Super-reader!!!